Saturday, August 30, 2008

Little Pastry Chefs!



We are always looking for something to do on the weekends and it seems like the only things we can ever think of is a movie or bowling. Well today my friend Jen called and said that she was thinking about taking her kids to this cute pastry shop to make a treat or two so we decided to tag along. The kids had so much fun. First they gave all the kids their own ball of sugar cookie dough that they got to roll out and use cookie cutters to do fun shapes with. When they were done with that they went into the oven and they brought out the jumbo cupcakes that they were going to frost. They all started out with white frosting and got to put food coloring in by themselves to make whatever color they wanted. It was fun to see how much fun they were having and I think the best part of it was was that we got to leave the mess there. We will for sure be going back for some more fun. Here are some pictures of their yummy treats!

5 Comments:

Keith and Allie said...

That looks like fun Laurel! I've thought about taking my kids there...is it expensive? What a great mom you are!

Amy said...

What a cool idea. Leaving the mess is the best part! What a fun day!

Stacie said...

We never did go there while we were living there! Looks fun though! Did they eat all they made? ;)

Heckethorn PTO said...

I can't believe you had never been there. I think it is so fun too. Quade loves it-in fact I took him on the first day of school and he made treats for FHE for the kids. He loves it!!! Cute Pic's!

Cassidy said...

This looks like so much fun! Where is it?