Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Utah Vacation!!!



So I got to fly to Utah on Saturday real early to meet my sisters Monique(who went to the stampin up convention and was already there), Erin who flew in from Arizona, and my mom who also flew in from Arizona. The flight was fun because I was all by myself and I even fell asleep. I hope that I didn't snore. I know that my mouth was hanging open so that was a little embarrassing but oh well right I wont ever see those people again. Erin, my mom and I decided to go and check into the hotel and do a little shopping before Monique was done with her convention. We took the Utah rail track bus down to the gateway mall and had some lunch and just hung out. On our way back of course we got on the wrong bus and we ended up at University of Utah way far away. The bus driver was super nice and told us how to get back. That is the nice thing about Utah is that everyone is just so nice:) That night we went out to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe and had some yummy food. The next day was Sunday and we figured not much would be happening as most people would be at church not shopping like I wanted to do. Anyways we decided to go to Temple Square to walk through the visitor center and to take some pictures of the Temple. It is so beautiful there and I love the peace that you feel. That night we did go out to dinner to Chilis and just hung out at the hotel. Monday my mom was off on a flight real early to get back so she could work that day. We really wished that she could stay but she is such a good employee and felt guilty about calling in sick. Monday was real busy for the rest of us though as there was so much that we wanted to see. We first started with a tour of welfare square which was so fun and so interesting. We had sister missionaries take us around the facilities that make the bread, butter, jam, and all the other food they make. We saw the church store house, we saw where they help people find jobs, where they help the homeless, the D.I. behind the scenes and what they do with all of the donations, where they store there wheat's but I think the best part was when we got to taste the bread, butter, jam, cheese, and the chocolate milk. It was all so delicious. I forgot to say that the tour started out with a very informational video about the program. It truly is amazing how perfect Heavenly Fathers plan is for us here on earth. After that we ate some lunch at the restaurant on the top of the Joseph Smith building and then we were off to see the Joseph Smith movie. It was of course so good and it made us all cry(Erin and Monique both got headaches because they were crying really hard). After that we decided that we would head up to the Gardner Village shops. They are such cute little houses with fun shopping in them. As soon as we were done there our next and last stop for the day was up to the Copper Mine. It was so neat to see how big the tires are on their equipment. They say that there truck things are as big as a house. Crazy huh? We saw a little video on that and learned so much. They say that you can see it from outer space! Well so that was Monday and we were pretty tired after that so we decided to sit and have dinner at Bucca Di Beppos. So yummy! So then comes Tuesday which was our last day there. We were all flying out around 8:30 that night so we had to make the last day a good one. We decided to go up to park city and check out all the Olympic stuff. We got a little lost and went the wrong way and then we got hungry so we decided to eat before we found the right way and it was just perfect because where we ate they had just opened up a new Nothing Bundt Cake shop so of course we got our own personal cake and they were delicious. We then found our way up to Park City thanks to my cute phone that has google maps on it. When we got there we started off with doing the ski lift which was so much fun and a little scary if you are afraid of heights. Erin was scared so on the way back down we sang some songs, looked at our pictures on our cameras, and she played a game on her cell phone. It was about a 30min round trip ride. It really was super fun. We walked around and looked in a couple of their shops and then we headed back a little to stop off where they had the bobsleds and the ski jumps. We lucked out and got to see the people practicing their jumps and look around at all the neat bobsleds. We were pretty much out of time so we headed to the airport to turn in the car and to my surprise we were a little early and they had a flight that left a little before my scheduled one so I was on my way home sooner. I had so much fun hanging out with my mom and sisters. Love you guy's. Thanks for all the fun.

4 Comments:

Stacie said...

Wow! You had the complete and total Utah experience! You saw so much! There are a lot of fun and neat things in Utah! I LOVE Park City too! I am glad you had some time to spend with your mom and sisters! **But I am glad you are back! :)

Fausett Family said...

Super Fun!! I can't believe you packed that much in to only a few days. Now you have to get back to life. I'm so sorry!!

Keith and Allie said...

I LOVE Utah! Isn't it gorgeous! And you're right...people are nicer there! (and more tolerant of noisy children!) If and when you go back...invite me! Glad your back, let's get together soon!

Melissa said...

Sounds like you had fun too on your little trip! Please don't tell me that is your mom on the left of you in front of Hard Rock. If so, she's a hot babe!!!