Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Friendship Bracelets!


This year Haylees class along with all the other 2nd and 1st grade classes are participating in an economics fair. Every person in each class is to come up with a craft and then make as many as you can and then in August they are going to sell them to the other students. Last year Haylee got to do this and it was alot of fun. She made autograph books last year and this year she has decided to make friendship bracelets. Thank goodness she has 2 months to do this because I think it will take her a day to make one. We think that we are going to sell them for $5.00. She is really excited about it and is slowly learning how to make them. Sometimes her knots aren't pulled tight enough and sometimes she forgets to do two knots on each string but thats okay right:) Haylee is working hard at school by being good to earn her Besty Bucks. Her school name is Besty Rhodes. So far she has $7.00 but will need alot more because there was so much cute stuff last year. It is really fun for the kids because they get to do it all themselves. They earn their money, come up with their craft, name their company, and take the money from the other kids and give change. I will keep you posted and take pictures of the bracelets. Here she is learning how in the video.

2 Comments:

Jen said...

Okay, your totally bringing back memories. I want to come play!

Stacie said...

Wow--you have patience! She is doing great though! I agree, I think the kids will love them!! :)