Monday, December 15, 2008

Snow in Vegas????


What a fun day. It has snowed here the whole day. I actually thought this morning I should keep the kids home so they could play in it but them I smartened up. I went to the gym after I dropped off the kids at school and even in the middle of the kickbox class I had to sneak out real fast to see if it was still snowing. It was!!! When I got home I took a nice warm bath and as soon as I got out I put on my pajamas, had some hot chocolate, and took a picture of myself out in the snow. Then I got a warm blanket and laid on the couch and listened to my IPOD. What a day huh. All of you moms out there with kids at home are jealous huh? I will admit though that when I was in the bath I did say a prayer that it would still be snowing when the kids got home so they could enjoy it. They got to build really tiny snowman that look like white cats but whatever right. They had so much fun and thought it was the best day ever. When they came in I even made them some hot chocolate:) This kind of weather really makes it feel like Christmas time. Hasn't happened very many times to us seeing that we have lived in a dessert for so long so we were excited!(maybe a little to excited).

8 Comments:

rebecca and tim white said...

I can't believe you are moving to New Mexico!! It must be a great job offer, congratulations!! I love keeping in touch via blogs. You will have to read mine, because I have "tagged" you!

Keith and Allie said...

I AM jealous! I think I dressed & undressed my kids at least 15 times to go play in the snow! No sitting around sipping hot chocolate for me......no sir! I am exhausted today and my house smells like wet dog! You suck!

BarbaraJo said...

How fun! I am so jealous.

Life at The Hadenfeldt's said...

Laurel, I don't have your e-mail address. The treadmill is $300. My e-mail is jamanda81@hotmail.com if you are interested. Your family is so cute!

Anonymous said...

I was so excited to see the snow too! Hope you are doing well. See ya soon

Cassidy said...

I wished we got that much snow! Even if we didn't get enough to make a snowman I am just glad to have gotton some snow! :)

Aubrey said...

Wow, what a day for you. I love that picture of you! So cute!

Heckethorn PTO said...

I can't believe we finally leave las vegas so we can have some real weather and it snows there!! I love that everyones blog is about the snow you guys got. Well, we are settled in Oklahoma and loving it and I am getting ready to update my blog finally and I was just checking in on a few and saw you are moving soon. That is so exciting-I love change and you guys will jump right back into life and it will all be good. Keep in touch. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Janell