Monday, October 20, 2008

Gilcrease Orchards!




Today Luke had a field trip to the Gilcrease Orchards where they were going to get to pick some apples and look at all the other kinds of things they grow there. We had a hard time for some reason finding apples that weren't rotten or really squishy. He did find three semi-good ones that he got to take home with him and he was so excited to drink the apple cider they sell there. The kids got to go and look at the rows of corn, the pumpkins, and even the tomato vines that they had. It was a cute little field trip and Luke had alot of fun running around and finding learning about things that grow in the orchards:) Just in case anyone really cares it was not fun for me because apparently I have really bad allergies and was sneezing and my nose was running and my eyes got itchy. As soon as I left though I was okay. I love that I get to go on field trips with my kids!

6 Comments:

Stacie said...

Looks like a fun day!! Too bad your allergies acted up! I agree! It is really good you get to go on these fun trips with your kids! :)

It was fun talking to you today!! I can't believe we will see you guys in a couple months!!

BarbaraJo said...

You need to visit a "real" orchard. Come on down to Mexico and visit us! Cute kids.

Jen said...

Their cider is so good! I wanted to get our pumpkins there but I think it's probably too late. I know they get picked over quick.

I haven't been on your page in a while, when did you change it? It's cute.

Keith and Allie said...

Is that his entire class? 12 kids? Crazy! Glad you had fun...we went too a few weeks ago and Hannah ate the apple right off the tree...whoops we forgot to pay for it! :)

P.S. cute new background!

Fausett Family said...

That is the tiniest apple I have ever seen. When Elena's class went last year they actually still had apples on the trees.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun. We didnt go this year because we got skunked last year. Are you still working out at the YMCA? I am going to go in about two weeks (waiting to recover a little more). You look fabulous