Sunday, February 21, 2010

Visitors


It was so nice to have all the company that we had come. First off we had Peggy and Larry come to help out with the kids while I was in the hospital having the baby. The kids love spending time with them and get so spoiled by them. It was so nice of them to make sure the kids got off to school and picked up on time and make sure they had dinner at night. While the kids were in school they got to come and see the baby the day we had him and get to hold him for a little bit. I am so glad that they were able to come out and help. Seth was able to take a week off of work and hang out with me and Sawyer which was so nice and fun to just be with him for a bit. He was so helpful and made sure the house stayed clean and the kids were taken care of while I was trying to heal from my c-section. When Seth went back to work we got to have Grandma Gwen for a week and that was so nice as well. I hope that she will come back because it was a crazy week for sure. I am so glad she came because it was nice to have her advice and to just catch up. She definitely kept me calm and she reassured me that I was doing okay and that I didn't have a fussy baby but that all babies cry! She had all kinds of project to do and she crocheted my kids some super cute things. She kept me from losing my mind when Luke broke our neighbors window with a rock when he was hitting them in the backyard with a bat and she also kept me calm when Luke almost hung himself on the trampoline when he decided to try to hang onto a jump rope that was dangling from our basketball hoop that we have on the trampoline. Truly if she was not there I think I would have lost it so thank you so much for coming mom! Next was my sister Erin. We have so much fun just hanging out and doing nothing which is what we did for 4 days. She doesn't have cable so when she comes to visit it is a real treat for her. We watched a lot of Food Network and HGTV and really we weren't to picky. I am pretty sure she managed to get in more naps then I did but I am so grateful she came to visit because she really was a big help and my kids love her as well. She is so good at listening to what they say and they can feel that. Thanks Erin! It really was a shock once all the company was gone and I had to do things on my own. I think I took my kids to school one day 2 hours late because we just were running late. We are all learning to adjust and just love having Sawyer a part of our family. Haylee just loves to hold him and between us I am not sure who kissed him most. Luke doesn't hold him much and when he does he is so stiff and freaks out if Sawyer moves. Its kind of funny. I just love to look at him and cant wait for him to smile back at me and I hope that he will love me as much as I love him

6 Comments:

BarbaraJo said...

He is a beautiful baby! I hope Luke is taking it easy now for you. Congrats!

rebecca and tim white said...

He is so darling Laurel! I hope you are doing well, it is an adjustment. I hope Luke is doing alright. I am getting more sleep now that the baby is out, it was THAT bad in the end.

Aubrey said...

I'm SO glad that you had all that help! What adventures you've had! oh my! What an adorable boy...so happy for you!!!!

Life at The Hadenfeldt's said...

It is so nice that you were able to have such loving help from all over.

How was/is recovery from c-section #3? I am so scared that we are going to have some major acting out once our #3 comes. I hope that Luke is still in one piece and relaxing a bit now that everyone is gone ;)

He is such a cutie and I am so happy that you guys have him, now!

Keith and Allie said...

Laurel he is so tiny and beautiful! You are right ALL babies cry (some more than others!) But you are strong and I know you are doing an awesome job! Don't worry too much about Hailey and Luke they are tough and you are giving them a sibling! (something no one else can do!) Hang in there! I was in a fog for about 4 months so if you ever need someone to comiserate with call me! Keep in touch it was fun talking to you on the phone the other day! :) Good luck!

Fausett Family said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Wish i could see that adorable baby. Tell Haylee and Luke hi. Oh and Seth too. You are a great mom and it will all be second hat in a few months.Hugs!!