That was all I could say when I saw the picture Haylee was drawing during sacrament meeting. She was looking at her hand trying to copy what her hand looked like. I took the note pad from her and asked her if she knew what it meant to have the middle finger sticking out and she had not idea. I tried to explain to her as quietly as I could that it is not a nice thing to stick your middle finger at anyone because it means bad things. She almost started crying because she had no idea she just was noticing that her middle finger was longer:) I just couldn't resist taking a picture because it was too funny. I am so glad that she didn't hold it up to show me otherwise the people behind us in sacrament could have gotten a litte offended!
Kill the Messenger (2014)
11 years ago

6 Comments:
That is hilarious! Nick uses his middle finger to point to everything. It drives Keith crazy and he is always trying to teach him to use his pointer finger instead. I keep trying to tell him it doesn't matter and he has no idea what he is doing...but it still is funny!
That is so funny! Isn't it wonderful to know how innocent our children are? But I guess that can make things difficult to explain to them sometimes! I'm laughing at Allison's comment too!
cant tell ya how many conversations we have about the middle finger, what it means and if it's ok to use the little finger, ring finger, yada yada....my kids are mesmerized by it. I can't bring myself to tell them what exactly it means....which theyve asked me straight up.....lol! funny....
oh btw in ireland sticking your two fingers up (frontways - opposite of the peace sign) means the same as the middle finger, so pretty much dont point or do anything with those fingers for fear of damnation....haha!
Ha too funny!!!!! She is such a cute girl!
LOL!! Too funny!! Just the other day my sister's niece pointed to her pointer finger and said "this is your pointing finger" and then pointing to her middle finger "this is your get away from me finger" ... ah, kids!!
Post a Comment