Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Field Day Fun!


The kids were so excited this year to participate in field day. They both got to compete in to events and then also got to do the tug-o-war with their class. Luke's field day was on Monday and first up was the scooter race. I totally remember having those scooters when I was a kid and loved doing them in P.E.. Next up was the bean bag toss. He managed to get 9 out of the 10 bags in the whole. He got first place in that. Way to go bud. You know what he actually did three events. He told me that he also did the 50 meter run and got first place even though he tripped and fell down. All the kids were getting their faces painted by the 5th graders and he asked for a skull. Pretty small but hey he was excited. Luke did such a great job and had such a fun day. His class got 2nd place in in the all around events. They had some other really fun events that he didn't get to do like the pie eating contest, the licorice game, donut eating contest, toe fishing, water balloon toss, and many more. As for Haylee, well I was a little nervous for her as she is a little clumsy. Her events were the centipede and slip-n-slide baseball. They finished 2nd in the centipede and man that looked hard. She got a little whole in her shorts from dragging her bum across the field. I thinks her favorite of all though was the slip-n-slide baseball. She got soaking wet. Her class lost in the tug-o-war but barley. Over all though her class got 2nd too. It was so fun to see the kids having fun with their classmates and being silly.

4 Comments:

Keith and Allie said...

Yeah a post! It's been awhile! :) Sounds like a fun day! It must be warming up in NM! It's supposed to be triple digits here in LV this weekend! We miss you!

rebecca and tim white said...

What a fun day! I am excited to have the kids home for the summer, but I am sure everyone will be ready to go back in a few months!

Fausett Family said...

Where have you been???? We have field day tomorrow (friday). When do you get here in June? We miss you!

Jen said...

I use to love field day. It was the best day of the year.