Saturday, March 14, 2009

Leprechaun Trap

So Haylee came home last week with a school project to do. Apparently there are Leprechauns running around there school and they were to come up with a trap to catch them and then write two paragraphs telling how the trap works and what they would do if they caught one. I told Seth that he was all over this one. We went out to Michael's to find the stuff we needed and I found some stuff in my scrapbook area and they were ready to start. Seth brought home a box that was perfect and Haylee had fun painting it green. I got to make the Lucky Charms path on the side and made the cute four leaf clovers that are sticking up. We found some cute little coins to put in the pot that Haylee painted black and we glued on of the coins to a string for the trap door. We actually all had a really good time making this and I think it turned out pretty cute. Luke got a blister from the glue gun but was excited to put a band aid on it so that was okay. I have to tell you what Haylee put down in her paragraph of what she would do if she caught a Leprechaun. First she would tell him to take her to his gold and give her three wishes. So her first wish was that she got to have 3 more wishes. Second was to have a pet bunny(thanks Jen). Third was to have a pet pony. Fourth was to get Rock Band. And of course last was that she wants a baby sister. Seriously she would be so happy if I made that one come true. Anyways here are some cute pictures of the project.

9 Comments:

rebecca and tim white said...

That looks so darling! Will you come help my kids with projects like that?

Jen said...

what a fun project. it turned out so cute!

Kelly said...

Cute!! I love the Lucky Charm path. I am not very fond of "family" school projects, we've had too many this year. Good luck on those wishes!

Life at The Hadenfeldt's said...

That is awesome! Are you thinking about making a baby sister for the kids?

Keith and Allie said...

That was adorable! It kind of made me tired to think I'll have to do stuff like that one day! You are a good mom Laurel! Very cute! She better get a good grade! :)

Aubrey said...

Annika had to do that too! I just posted pictures...but I have to admit, I got the cereal idea from your pictures. Although, we just used fruit loops. I love your rainbow...such a cute idea!

What is this I hear about a visit in June or something?! ;)

Mike and Linda Flores Family said...

very cute Hailey, write me sometime, Grandma Linda

Meg said...

Super cute Laurel!
So wait, you live in New Mexico now? Me too! How crazy is that? We are in clovis, about 3 hours from you, but every so often we come to your neck of the woods, okay yes I admit I can not spell your city, I will just avoid it, one of these times we will have to meet up for lunch or something! Small world, why did you all move out here?

Stacie said...

Okay, you guys are just too cute! That is so fun to indulge your kids like that! They will remember things like this!! :)