We finally made it out of our house Saturday afternoon!!!!! Haylee got sick last Friday and was out of school for a week and so of course that means that Luke got sick and was home a couple of days and then Seth and I got the tail end of it. I have learned so many things in that short I mean long week of sick kids.
1. Having a 2 story house with the master bedroom on the main floor is not fun when
you have to get up every 2 minutes to make sure everything is okay and the kis have
what they need.
2. Not having insurance is very stressful and I cant wait until Seths 90 days is up
so I can take my kids to the doctor when needed.(even though there wasn't anything
a doctor could do for me because it was viral but still...)
3. How thankful I am to my Uncle Bob who is a doctor in Arizona that put up with me
calling him at 1:00a.m. to see what I should do and all the other times I called
him. He was so nice and reassuring that everything that was going on was normal.
4. How grateful I am for my friend Tracy who I also called at 1:00a.m. to see what I
should do.
5. How grateful I am to be in the ward that I am in. We have a doctor in our ward
as well and he was kind enough to let us come to his house and check out my kids.
He was very helpful and gave lots of good advice and again reassured my that it
was all normal.
6. Praying to our Heavenly Father works! He listens to our prayers!!!!!
I know you all think that I am crazy but seriously I have never had kids that sick before. We have had like the little 24-48 bugs but not this viral thing. Anyways I will also admit that I am a spaz and freak out when kids get sick too. I am glad to say though that things are on the up. Haylee still has a horrible cough but her throat is better and Luke is pretty much the same. Seth doesn't have a voice right now and I just have a raw nose right now but am doing fine.
So my point to this post is that yesterday we thought we would take the advantage of getting out of the house for the first time in a week and we decided that we weren't strong enough for something to physical so we went to see where the temple was. It was so pretty and just peaceful where it is located. The kids were hoping that it had a visitors center like the Mesa Temple but that was a no go. Anyways we just walked around and took a few pictures and then went to get a bite to eat. When we were done with that I took Haylee to the mall to buy Haylee a new pair of earrings that I had to bribe her with just to take some medicine earlier in the week. I was desperate..... When we were done with that we went to go see Bolt at the dollar theaters. By night time Haylee went to bed with a bad tummy ache and a headache and Luke was coughing up a storm. It was still worth it. The fresh air was so nice and the sun was nice as well. Lets hope for good things this week and I look forward to lots more fresh air.
Kill the Messenger (2014)
11 years ago

8 Comments:
The sickness sounds miserable! I am glad to hear you all are doing better. What a beautiful temple!
I'm glad everyone is doing better. Thanks for calling today, it was fun talking to you. Miss you.
oh, and I love the super cute new background
Oh my gosh! You poor things! That does NOT sound fun at all! I'm glad you have good support to help you out! Good for you for getting out of the house! The temple looks cool...I didn't realize you had mountains down there like that...beautiful! Get better!!!!
Love that temple. Send me your email. I'm going private.
Oh Laurel! That totally sucks about being sick! But I'm glad you all seem to be getting over it! You've been spoiled living in a 1 story! Just think of all those midnight calories you burned! :) Take care!
Laurel, I've missed you. I feel like life is speeding by and I haven't even talked to you since you moved. I'm sorry about all the sickness in your house. Sounds like things are looking up though. I go into the hospital on Thursday. Can you believe it only 2 days left? Miss you!
I hate it when family members are sick! It affects everyone!
The temple is so pretty! Too bad it didn't have a visitors center!
I am glad the transition to NM has been good! You seem happy! :)
Post a Comment