Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Veterans Day Parade



My friend Jen called in the morning and asked what I was doing and I told her that I was on my way to the gym but then asked if she had a better offer. Well she did. She was taking her kids to the Veterans Day Parade downtown and asked if I wanted to go. The kids were so excited(I think they thought it was going to be like the Disneyland parade)so we hurried and changed our clothes and hopped in the car. The kids had all kinds of questions about why these people fight in wars and what it means to have a free country. I must stay it was such a neat experience for all of us. I had the chills the whole time and just kept thinking how grateful I am for all those that serve our country so we can be free. We got to see some really cool tanks, trucks, horses, and motorcycles. We cant wait to go back next year. Thanks Jen for the invite it was much better than the gym. Oh I cant leave out the part that when it was over we went and ate at Cafe Rio. Yum!!!!!!!

0 Comments: